1. Completed third year of the Financial Freedom Homebuyer's Club and helped over 50 low- to moderate-income club members.
2. Under the leadership of the National Housing Institute, the ECLT joined four other organizations working to acquire the building our current offices are in to save it for community use.
3. Gained M&T and CHL as a CLT mortgage lender.
4. Put under contract two community land trust homes in Bloomfield.
5. Broke ground on six montclair townhomes, a collaboration with HomeCorp.
1. Sold first traditional communityland trust home in Bloomfield. The buyer is a graduate of our Financial Freedom Homebuyer's Club.
2. By way of subsidy provided by NJ Department of Community Affairs Neighborhood Enhancement Program, with our partner Community Asset Preservation Corporation, we redeveloped 3 vacant and abandoned two-family homes in Bloomfield.
3. Completed second year of the Financial Freedom Homebuyer's Club and helped over 50 low- to moderate-income club members.
4. Gained Banc Home Loans as a CLT mortgage lender.
5. Gained PNC Bank and Catholic Campaign for Human Development as funding partners.
1. Secured over $900,000.00 in affordable housing subsidy from the New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs to purchase and rehabilitate 3-4 foreclosed abandoned properties in Bloomfield, returning the homes to active use as quality affordable housing. We partnered with Community Asset Preservation Development Corporation to be the developer of the homes.
2. Assisted HomeCorp to secure $400,000.00 in affordable housing subsidy from the New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs to build 6 condos from the ground up in Montclair and helped get the project approved by the Township Planning Board. All 6 condos will be on Community Land Trust Land and therefore permanently affordable.
3. Began providing support services for 47 Montclair Township affordable housing home owners.
4. Secured Wells Fargo as a NJ CLT MortgageLender.
5. Launched the Financial Freedom Homebuyer's Club. The FFHC gives club participants access to a free credit repair, budget specialist, and a financial planner while warning against predatory loans and learning about affordable homeownership opportunities.
6. Received support from CHASE, Sovereign, Wells Fargo, National Community Land Trust Network, Cornerstone Homeownership Innovation Program and NeighborWorks.
Mission: To strengthen communities by providing permanently affordable housing and financial empowerment opportunities for working families and individuals throughout Essex County.
Vision: We envision all of Essex County, New Jersey as a community of opportunity where regardless of income, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status people have a choice to live where they desire by having access to high quality affordable housing.
Goals: The goals of the ECLT are to provide permanent affordable homeownership opportunities for low-to moderate-income individuals; warn against predatory mortgages; facilitate homeowner and financial success education; diversify neighborhoods in terms of ethnicity and income; increase the length of deed restrictions; and provide on-going stewardship over transformed abandoned homes located on CLT land.